Thank you for choosing the Hattiesburg Zoo for your upcoming field trip. We’re looking forward to having you all with us for a fantastic day!
Please read the following policies before booking your field trip.
• Please register for your field trip at least 48 hours in advance.
• This form must be filled out for booking.
• Visit hattiesburgzoo.com or email the Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• $10 per student 2-12 years old – admission, train ride, animal encounter
o Under 2 years are free.
• $12 per parent/chaperone – admission, train ride, animal encounter
• All teachers are free.
• You may prepay for your field trip over the phone.
• No deposit is required.
• Annual Passes do not apply.
• All forms of payment are accepted, including PO’s, card, check, and cash.
o Please note that bills larger than $20 are not accepted at any point of sale.
Exceptions can be made for field trips in the Front Office.
• No outside food or beverage is allowed inside the zoo.
• Sack lunches may be eaten in the park located outside the zoo.
• We require at least 2 weeks’ notice for field trip lunch orders – minimum 10 lunches.
• We must have your exact lunch orders at least 1 week prior to your field trip.
• There are 3 options to choose from:
o $6 – pizza slice, chips, drink o $6 – hot dog, chips, drink o $10 – ham or turkey sandwich, chips, drink, cookie
• Lunch will be served inside the Zoo at a specified location.
• High Adventures Ropes Course
o Sky Trails (for individuals over 48 inches tall) – $10 for groups o Sky Tykes (for individuals 42-48 inches tall) – $5 for groups
• Mining Expedition
o $5 bags for groups – includes small gemstones
• Buses may park in the large parking lot beside the zoo.
• Send one paying representative of your trip to the front office of the zoo. It is located through the employee entrance or to the right of the Ticket Booth.
• Have your students wait in Hattie Plaza near the elephant statue.
• You will receive information about your animal encounter in the front office.
• The animal encounter is a 15 minute presentation and will include 2 education animals.
• Students will be able to touch at least one of the animals.
• Time and location of the animal encounter will be given upon arrival in the front office.
• Types of animals cannot be chosen ahead of time.
• Please follow all Zoo rules and guidelines while inside the Zoo.
• Do not leave students unattended.
• For your safety, do not cross any borders or fences without permission from a zoo staff member.
• Most importantly, have fun!